The Pentatonic scale is one of the most useful in popular music. Play any of these notes in the right key and you can’t play a wrong note. By adding the “Blue Note” the player can add extra expression and versatility, this is known as the “Blues Scale”. Guitarists refer to this scale as “Playing in the Box”, and it is the one of the first scales to learn when playing a solo, however, to play this scale on a standard harmonica you would have to perfect advanced techniques that could take years to master! That’s where the PentaHarp comes in.
- Based on the well-established Special 20 harmonica, the perfect beginner's instrument thanks to its ABS comb and recessed reed plates
- The tonal layout is the minor pentatonic scale with the added "Blue note", so no bending is needed to play the blues scale
- Large tonal range: three complete blues scales on one 10-hole diatonic harmonica
- No change in the blow-draw cycle is needed when playing sales (unlike for Richer harmonicas between holes 6 and 7), which makes intuitive playing even easier
- Available in the seven most used keys LF, G, A, Bb, C, D, and E
Benefits for customers:
- Easy entry into playing a new instrument which spices up their musical expression
- Enables to jam immediately without previous harmonica playing skills
- Attractive price/performance ratio
The perfect harmonica for guitar players:
- No wrong notes!
- Play a useful scale without learning advanced techniques
- Intuitive note layout
- Play in the Box!
For harmonica players:
- Does what other harmonicas can’t!
- Draw bend on every hole across the entire range of the harmonica
- Easy octaves with no change to embouchure
- Play the Major Pentatonic scale using hole 2 draw as the root note with available bends and overblows
Verified Store Reviews
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.